Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Truth Seeking with Rosemary M. Wixom

Discovering the Divinity Within
By: Rosemary M. Wixom
Primary General President


I love to listen to conference talks, but I read this one. And I’m glad I did. I think I caught a few things that I might have missed otherwise. 

Ok, here are the quotes that stood out to me, a few of the truths that I was reminded about when I listened to Sister Wixom’s words.

“We come to this earth to nurture and discover the seeds of divine nature that are within us.” 

“Elaine Cannon, a former Young Women general president, said, ‘There are two important days in a woman’s life: The day she is born and the day she finds out why.’ We know why. We have come to this earth to help build His kingdom and to prepare for the Second Coming of His Son, Jesus Christ. With every breath we take, we strive to follow Him. The divine nature within each one of us is refined and magnified by the effort we make to draw nearer to our Father and His Son.”

“We are His,' Paul said. ‘The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God.’ Often the first Primary song we learn is ‘I Am a Child of God.’ Now it is time to take that beloved phrase ‘I am a child of God’ and add the words ‘Therefore, what?’ We might even ask questions such as these: ‘What will I do to live my life as a child of God?’ ‘How can I develop the divine nature that is within me?’”


“President Dieter F. Uchtdorf said, ‘God sent you here to prepare for a future greater than anything you can imagine.’ That future, a day at a time, comes alive when you do more than just exist; it comes alive when you live your life to fill the measure of your creation. This invites the Lord into your life, and you begin to let His will become yours.”

What do you KNOW to be true?

Share your testimony with us. Make the world a better place and the people in it stronger.

Tell us the truth, tell us your truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment